My sweet Stalkers

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Créme De La Mer Lip Balm Review

Hi everyone!
I am back with a review of my favourite lip balm of all times......De La Mer lip balm!
It retails for 58 euros for 9 grams of product and it can be purchased in Brown Thomas. I got mine awhile back, if I remember correctly I purchased it for 52 or 55 euros. So the price has gone up by a bit.

 

Left side EU version Right side US version

      Mirror-like lid with a green frosted bottom


Let's start with a brief description of this lip balm, follow by the pros and cons and my recommendations.

On their website they have stated:
'Relieves Dryness
Thinner than any other area of the face, the lips are virtually defenceless against subtle changes in wind, temperature, dryness, even diet - requiring special attention. The Lip Balm infuses a potent concentration of the original Miracle Broth™ with marine extracts, botanicals and vitamins to regenerate the delicate lip skin. This luxurious emulsion works on contact to soften roughness, relieve dryness and flaking and help heal seriously dry lips. A patented Lip Lipid Complex is the first line of defense. It delivers moisture, strengthening the lips' minimal moisture barrier and helping to prevent further damage. An essential protein found in the arctic helps insulate vulnerable lip skin from extreme conditions of heat and cold. Mint comforts the lips and enhances the balm with a cool, refreshing flavor. Like Crème de la Mer, the results are immediate, lips look and feel smoother, softer, plumper & yet long lasting.'

Pros:
1. This smells DIVINE! It has a fragrance of mint chocolate, if you love mint chocolate you will love this!
2. While we are on the scent of the lip balm, this tastes really nice too. Not that im asking people to eat this but if a lip balm tastes awful it will turn us off. So this is a plus.
3.Its moisturizing without feeling to thick on the lips, however, it leaves residue on the lips.
4. I'm not sure does this works for myself only or for other as well. Whenever I can tell cold sores are starting to form on my lips, I would glide a thick layer on top of the 'affected' area and sleep overnight with it and when I wake up in the morning, the cold sore wasn't formed. 

Cons:
1. Its expensive. 58 euros for a lip balm, I personally think its too much.
2. This con is my personal preference; I dislike lip balm in tub form due to the fact that would require me to use my fingers to apply the lip balm onto my lips. I find that very unhygienic.
3. The packaging gets scratches easily.
4. I am unsure why my lip balm turns yellow after a few uses, as you can see in the first pic, the EU version is 'whiter' than the used US version. It could be i got a bad batch or it's just the way it is.

My Verdict:
I love this product and would recommend this product to anyone who has chapped lips and gets cold sores often. Other than the hefty price tag, I think this product is a must have!




Hope everyone likes it and enjoys it.

Have a nice day everyone
^^

@-->-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and comment! :D